Sunday, February 10, 2013

Learning Nuke!


As I decided to choose post production for this year I decided I should start learning the compositing software Nuke by The Foundry before the lectures began. I only had time to do a couple of the simpler tutorials but hopefully I will have time to tackle the more complicated ones.
 
 
 
 
The First tutorial in Nuke 101: A simple composite of the doll into the scene using a gain node to adjust the colour to match the lighting change. 

 
 
 
The second tutorial in Nuke 101: There was a more complex node tree involved to make this composite of a animated element into the scene. It required the splitting of the serperate channels from the original openEXR file to have greater control of each render layer, such as shadow, colour and light passes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment