Monday, May 28, 2012

2D Background Project

This was where we had to take scenes from our story board project from the previous term to the next level in development. We had to do 3 final pieces. The first was a animation background layout. The second was an interior, which in my storyboard there was none. it had to have a single light source. Lastly the third was a exterior.
1st: Background layout. Not as clear as the real thing unfortunately.
2nd; The interior. It's not an interior, but I enclosed the scene with more trees and kept the sun for the light source. In hind sight I should of enclosed the front of the image more and if i was made aware that I could of changed the scene entirely. This was my first digital painting using a Wacom Tablet, which was lovely as it was quite forgiving.
3rd: The exterior. I would of liked to of done this in digital paint as well but wasn't possible. This was painted in watercolours like a infant school child would. I'm not happy with this at all.
Supporting sketchbook work....
Meadow and foliage practice for the layout

More foliage and types of gates for layout.

Top: Rolling hills for layout. Bottom: Lighting practice for interior.

More lighting practice

More lighting practice. I really liked the left hand one.

More lighting practice on the left. Monochromatic water colour test on right.Should of done more colour tests for the exterior background.

No comments:

Post a Comment